Posted on June 29, 2020
Job Posting: Mechanical Engineer Wanted!
Sealstrip Corporation, a manufacturer in the packaging industry, is adding staff to our amazing team and seeks a Mechanical Engineer that wants to be part of something GREAT.
Winner of the Best Places to Work in PA award – 10 years running
This could be YOU:
Do you like to get out from behind the desk from time to time, see new places, and meet new people? Are you tired of the same old grind and would like to work with a fun group of competent, committed people? Then this opportunity is for you! Our team of engineers are innovative thinkers that work with our customers to design the most efficient and effective way to apply our awesome tape to their flexible package, and then work with our shop to make it happen.
Meet our team:
Words to live by: Sealstrip's Values
Opportunity Type: Full-time
Earnings based on experience
Money isn't everything:
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation and Personal paid time off
What we are looking for:
- Designing: 2+ year (Preferred)
- SolidWorks CAD: 2+ year (Preferred)
- Minimum AS in Mechanical Eng. or Electro-Mech Tech or 4 yrs related exp.
Show us what you've got, apply today!
Mechanical Engineers are responsible for design and implementation of mechanical systems, simple electrical systems, and the integration of both. They design, develop, test, and manufacture computer-controlled mechanical systems. They prepare designs and layouts of integrated systems, and supporting mechanical systems with regard to size, space, capacities, and economy and provide technical specifications for projects, managing the project from receipt of order through wrap-up meeting post installation. The position requires knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts, principles, and methods and knowledge of related fields such as structural and mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineers conduct field surveys to investigate existing equipment layouts and conditions, analyze system needs, make calculations, and determine requirements. Travel is a requirement of this job. Reports directly to manufacturing manager, directly or in-directly reports to management team.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or mechanical engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after customer start-up
- Assemble mechanical systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of mechanical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments
- Install and maintain mechanical equipment at Sealstrip and/or customer facilities
- Install and maintain electrical control systems and solid-state equipment
- Modify mechanical and electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems
- Develop with electrical engineers’ machinery control logic systems and implement systems integration with associated logic control programs
- Prepare project cost and work-time estimates
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound engineering practices, and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommend approval or disapproval
- Utilize SolidWorks to design mechanical systems.
- Utilize AutoCAD for review of electrical systems
- Design mechanical and electrical equipment to meet the predetermined specifications of the engineering department
- Demonstrate proficiency in the usage of drive systems, motors, gearboxes and AC/DC servo systems
- Develop preliminary and conceptual design processes as well as the detailed designs of systems, or equipment, and provide expert technical advice and direction.
- Evaluate and apply design changes and specifications to drawing releases
- Consult with purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging solution
- Develop or direct development of sketches, specifications, and written analyses of proposed project in order to present design for approval
- Confer with management and other employees to develop and maintain company objectives in support of the company goals
- As required, make repairs and improvements to in-house production equipment to minimize downtime and improve performance
- Develop cost effective manufacturability of component and system solutions for existing equipment and new applicators
- As required install and fine-tune equipment at customer locations; primarily in the USA, but international travel may be required based on project requirements
- Domestic and international travel as required to support company goals and objectives
- Assume responsibility for knowledge of and implementation of the company’s quality policies in regard to all duties of the position and on a report to manager basis throughout the organization
- In the performance of duties and responsibilities of the position, assumes responsibility for ensuring compliance with the company’s policy procedure manual, as amended and does so on a report to manager basis throughout the organization
- Ensure that requirements of society, including laws, statutes, rules and regulations, codes, environmental considerations, health and safety factors, and conservation of energy and materials are understood, implemented, and maintained within the perimeters of the position and on a report to manager basis throughout the organization
- Travel 10-12% of the job, 7-10 trips a year, 2-3 days per trip
- Minimum A.S. degree in mechanical engineering, or electro-mechanical technologies or a minimum of four years related experience
- Ability to utilize AutoCAD to review electrical systems design
- A minimum 3 years experience with SolidWorks design software, with Certification in SolidWorks Core Modeling preferred, basic understanding of Solidworks PDM is helpful
- Diversified experience in mechanical design and packaging machinery design experience is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical diagrams, and draw conclusions of design principals
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret electrical diagrams and schematics, with ability to read & write ladder logic preferred
- Reasoning ability, to interpret an extensive variety of technical illustrations in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Proficient with commonly utilized computer programs, Microsoft office and its standard components
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or government regulations
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Waiting to see your resume!
Rachel P. Conrad