Carbon Footprint Reduction Case Study
In addition to recyclability, VerdeSeal was found to have the ability to produce a significant reduction in carbon footprint when compared to conventional reseal adhesive technologies.
Life cycle and eco-efficiency assessments were performed and critically reviewed by third parties to confirm VerdeSeal’s recyclability and determine environmental impact. Reducing the carbon footprint and the amount of plastic is continuously driving packaging innovation, and top brands are setting the goals and benchmarks for the near future of the industry.
- The study was based on 20,000 m2 label production (0.031 BSI of product)
- The analysis followed international standards for life cycle and eco-efficiency assessment (ISO 14040:2006, ISO 14044:2006, ISO 14045:2012)
- Key Findings:
- 2,500 kg CO2-eq per 20,000 m2 not placed into the atmosphere by using innovative cure technology…Or plant 500 trees to be carbon neutral
- 400,000 to 40,000 tonnes of CO2 will not be emitted into the atmosphere based on the adhesive choice by Sealstrip Corporation
- VerdeSeal technology is capable of providing a 66% reduction in carbon footprint as compared to conventional adhesive technologies...the equivalent of planting 100,000+ trees per year!*?
VerdeSeal is available now for Sealstrip’s resealable product lines- Peel&Seal, FreshPak, Sealstrip, and SealAcross - ideal for a variety of applications, such as baked goods, refrigerated or frozen foods, snacks and candy, fresh produce, tortillas, shelf stable foods, pet food, personal care and more!
Contact us today to discuss VerdeSeal and Evolve Your Packaging!
1-888-658-7997 or e-mail!
*based on quantity purchased